Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I'm Late....For A very Important Date!!!

Okay!  So today has been so much fun.  I have been hanging out in Wonderland for a tea party with the Queen!!  What a time it was.
So, I am part of a women's group, PEO.  At Christmas time, we had our annual auction, and momma, myself, our PEO sista Kate, and Karen decided we would host an Alice in Wonderland Tea Party.  So, after months of preparation this very important date arrived!  Yay!!
Invites went out to all of the ladies a few weeks ago.  They were all hand delivered by Kate's daughter, she dressed up as Alice.  Each lady that was invited was given a role (Alice, the Cheshire Cat, Mad Hatter, March Hare, The Queen of Hearts, Tweedle Dee, and Tweedle Dum).  Everyone came dressed in their attire.  This was such a site.  Here are a few of our characters!

The ladies all looked great.  They entered Wonderland walking through bubbles and were met by a flamingo who would be holding a tray of tiny bottles, of course it said, "DRINK ME"!
This was the flamingo outfit!  A flamingo hat, pink top, leggings, a feather boa, and a pink tutu.  Did that tutu make me look prego??
The ladies gathered at decked out tables and strolled under paper lanterns!  So much fun!

We dined on chicken salad, fruit, and orange rolls!  For desert we had cookies that read, EAT ME, bunny cupcakes, and petifours!
I wish I had photos of the other deserts, but for some reason, I did not take a photo!  I will try to get one from someone else!
I wish we could have played croquet.  Momma had it all set up (no one really knew how to play though!)

Too cute!!
Here were some more of our friends, they were hangin around just watchin everyone have fun in Wonderland!

Alice and the Cheshire Cat
The Caterpillar and Momma
A card, he should be painting the flowers RED for the Queen!
It was such a fun time in Wonderland, but I sure am glad to be home!

Love yal!
Caryn

2 comments:

How "Sweet" it is... said...

Oh WOW, Caryn!! How much fun!! The decorations and food looked and sounded amazing. I didn't know their was a local PEO Chapter in NWA. What a great cause!!

Anonymous said...

cute stuff!!! and im sure you and yo momma did all the decorations!!! and the tutu totally made you look pg ;)