Sunday, December 19, 2010

Our Home For the Holidays


Welcome to our home!

Come on in!

This is our entry.

I have small touches of Christmas on our bookshelf.


Here is our mantle! Notice the huge hole on top, we are planning on mounting our t.v, which sits to the left above the mantle. For now, it sits on a end table with a baby gate in front of it! (Sophia loves to touch it and Chip loves to try to attack it when he sees an animal.)



This is our tree. The top half is all breakable ornaments, and the bottom half of the tree is Sophia proof! She just walks up and jerks things off, the girl loves the ornaments!
Notice all of the presents, we have an unwrapper in our midst.
This is the hutch. It is filled with my Dickens Village. These little light up houses are so precious to me. They were my MamMaw's. I can remember unpacking this village with her and placing them on her furniture and piano. Then after Christmas, PapPaw and I would pack them all up (he did not love this job at all, but it was a bonding experience!). After she passed away, my BugEye, PapPaw, said I could have them.

This is our nativity. It was given to me by my Aunt Vivian.


This is the kitchen table area. I tried very hard to be creative with the chandelier, and I just LOVE IT!

Okay yal, now nothing says Christmas like a tree full a chickens!

I am a collector, just love them!This is the tree in Lovey's room!

Hope that yal enjoy!

How do you decorate at your home? Do you go Christmas crazy or are you laid back with your decorations??

Hope you have all had a great weekend, only 6 more days!

Caryn

6 comments:

Vonda Axe said...

You did a great job decorating your house!! I have to get info on your chandelier. Love it!!

Ashley said...

WOW! Everything looks amazing! Great job ;)

How "Sweet" it is... said...

SOOO pretty, Caryn!!! You are truly talented, girl!! Just beautiful!! And sorry I never got back to you about a wreath I just realized that...it's craziness around here!

Erin said...

Caryn you house looks amazing! How in the world did you find time and energy for all the decorating?! SO impressed!

Missy Schranz said...

I am your newest follower and I love your site. Please stop by and see my Christmas motif. I look forward to meeting you. Merry Christmas!
Missy
http://missyschranz.blogspot.com

Jamie Kubeczka said...

Your Christmas decorations are amazing! I love your tree and entry way! I attempted a wreath made out of the same mesh that's around your front door. It's okay, but man, yours blows mine out of the park. Great job!