Saturday, December 30, 2017

Cookies and cocoa with Santa and Mrs. Claus

Yes, y'all, we are BIG fans of Santa and he and his main girl came to visit the kids and their friends before Christmas.  It was such a fun time to get together with friends, but it was even more exciting to see the happy faces when Santa arrived.
Let me just tell ya, I love a good party!  Now, that being said, I have kinda been down and out with that whole broken leg thing.  While I was on house arrest and momma was here as my babysitter, she brought up that we should have a lil' party.  I mean, what else did I have going on... I am kinda just sittin' round the house.  So, yeah, no brainer... let's have a party!  Did I mention I was not really walking well and my house was looking great (because my momma had been working her magic), but there was not a stitch of Christmas in our house!  How can we have a Christmas shindig with the house looking like the house that Christmas forgot?  Did I mention I was getting ready to go back to work, like the next week!  Ha, so I really had to get movin' and get out all things that are merry!  I must be honest, it took weeks for me to do it all, but I had the help of my mother (God bless her).  I would go to work, and I would come home for the day and all of our laundry would be done or the kitchen would be clean... this left me some time to decorate.  Man friend was very helpful to bring every single holiday box from our basement and then help me lift and place the very heavy stuff!
I think we really pulled it off.  Just to see the faces of the families that entered the doors, made it all worth it, it was really like a little Christmas land!  I loved being able to sit in the living room at night, and the glow of all of the lights brought such a smile to my face!  Talk about my happy place!
After weeks of planning, the party day was here!








Last minute letter writing to Santa before he arrived!






Brayden is in the stage where you say smile... and he makes every sort of strange face besides smiling!  Sometimes they look very silly (hello, previous picture)


Thankful that Moss was at the party.  She made the sweetest little thumbprint cookies with gumdrops!!  I ate about 12 of them (don't judge)!!  

There he is, the guest of honor!


Mrs. Claus reading a story to the kids.



There were sooooo many little people!  So thankful that my mother helped so much.  She did the food and the drinks, it was really quite a spread!!  


My Trisha and Libby!!  She married our friend Sean, turns out she was really amazing and is someone that I love spending time with... isn't their daughter darling.  I loved her sweet Christmas dress.



Me and two of my dearest friends.  I have known them since junior high.  These are my people.




 When the kids started at their new school, I joined the parent group PTO.  I was so excited to be involved and I got super lucky because I met these women, they are so precious.  In fact, the day after I broke my leg, Julie had already set up a food train for my family that lasted for weeks (seriously, we had food covered for over a month) and Jill got my babies off of the school bus everyday and walked them home, and would even come in and visit when I was on house arrest (not real house arrest, like joke broke leg house arrest)!  I love that I met them.
 
Myself and Gina... love that our girls are so close, she's the best!


Nicole and Libby, seriously, there is not a child that does not love Nicole!






These two women are so amazing.  I worked for the lady on the right during high school and college, she owns a local gift shop, The Perfect Choice (if you are from here, you should go there)!  Anyways, years of working along side of her, she had become not really a boss, more like a mother/ friend.  I love her and her family to the moon... in fact the woman sitting next to her, holding the baby is her mother, and I even call her grandma... they are not really friends, they are my family.  That is Ava Belle, isn't she a teeny doll!  She is the grandbaby!

 Sophia with some of her buddies
 You betcha I had to get my photo with these two!
So thankful that my daddy is friends with Santa, and was able to ask him to come to the party.  They're super close!!



 Santa loves Libby as much as we do!

Brayden had such a list for Santa!









 
Sophia and Brayden made thank you notes for Santa and the Missus.

The party was so much fun, and the kids just loved having Santa come and visit again.  We had this party a few years ago, and my sweet Bucky dressed up as Santa.  He was so wonderful to do this for his great-grandbabies, and he just beamed while he was in character.  Bless it, he even wrote letters to all of the children after the party.  It was so great.  Ever since he passed, we just had not been able to do the party, it is such a fun time, but it just flooded us with memories of our sweet Santa, and how he was no longer here.  I am so glad that we have him in our memory doing this for the kids, and I am glad that we were able to do this cookie and cocoa with Santa party!
Making new memories...
 This was our sweet Bucky Claus

Until next year... I think I may need to start my planning soon to make next year even better!!  (However that would be possible, this was pretty magical!)

No comments: