Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!

The past few days have been so wonderful. I have been off of work since Thursday, and have been enjoying every minute of it!!
Tuesday evening started Thanksgiving Extravaganza! Aron and I had our first Thanksgiving dinner of the week at Guido's! I know what you are thinking, Guido's, Thanksgiving, the two just do not mix, well, I know that!! My husbands family could eat the pizza all day everyday, so since I love them I will act like I love the pizza too!! One of the best parts about the evening was looking at my dear sweet nephew Aidan and he was using a straw to drink his ranch dressing!!


It was priceless!! Kids do the funniest things!
After consuming so much food, we said good-bye to The Park's clan and off we went.

On Wednesday, I was lucky enough to only have to work for part of the day! I then went to my parents house to hang out with the family!! I love this time of year! Here Aron and I are with



MamMaw and PapPaw! Doesn't MamMaw's hair look great, we always say the bigger and higher the hair the closer you are to heaven! She is so there! The middle picture includes my baby brother Richard and lil sister Katie Grace. The furthest one on the right is of my precious Momma and MamMaw! The evening was so much fun! My Uncle Robert and Richard came up from Lousiana, and later that evening Uncle Richard, Aunt Lisa, Lee, and Cara arrived! We ate a super supper, the thin pork chops, some weird potatoes, and other stuff, but the thing that is still sticking in my mind is CHOCOLATE PIE!! We ate so much food!
On Thanksgiving morning, everyone came to my house for some fly off the plate waffles!! These are so yummy! Trust me, after this, no one was ready for the feast we would be eating at 2 o'clock! The family train pulled back into my parents house for Thanksgiving extravaganza! We had turkey, ham, potatoe casserole, green bean casserole, rolls, 4 different deserts, gravy, dressing, fruit salad, so odd looking rice stuff that I would not have touched with a ten foot pole, and corn casserole! It is making my tummy hurt just thinking about it!
Friday, we only continued the fun! We gathered out in Bella Vista, at the grandparents house for turkey gumbo, UMMM!! Then we watched the Razorbacks beat the LSU Tigers!! O- happy day! There were mixed feelings about the game, since the family that came to visit for the holiday are all from Louisiana!
All in all, this Thanksgiving has been so wonderful and special! I have so much to be thankful for. I have a wonderful husband, a job, a place to sleep, my parents who are the two most amazing role models (I want to be like them when I grow up), my brothers and sister, my precious family, you are my everything. I am thankful to have a MamMaw that is still here, even though she has been so ill with pancreatic cancer, and a ever patient PapPaw to take care of her. I cannot stop thanking God enough for keeping her with us just one more day. I am so fortunate to have such sweet friends. This list, I could go on forever.
What are you thankful for???














1 comment:

Kelly said...

You will LOVE blogging - it's super addicting!!!
Looks like a great Thanksgiving - all that food sounds SOOOOO good! I've never had turkey gumbo but I think I would be all about it! I'm so glad the Hogs beat LSU! I couldn't believe it!
Your grandmother is so pretty - she looks so good for being sick.