Thursday, November 2, 2017

Feeling a thankful for the manfriend

Seems only fitting that this being the month where we all focus on being thankful, that I share how thankful I am for the manfriend!  He is so sweet, thoughtful, quiet (this can make ya nuts), an amazing husband and father, wonderfully kind, special, and fun.
How is it even possible that I have been doing life with him for over 11 years?  It makes me giggle a bit to think that when I was a 9th grader at Walton Jr High, I wrote in my diary... I love Aron Foresee forever.  I did not even know him, but in my 9th grade world, I thought he was a BFD!  Oh well, that was 9th grade and the love was never kindled... however, had it happened then, it may not have happened years and years later.
Fast forward to graduating college, living back in B-town with my brother, and single... hanging out with friends at any and all moments... that I walk into a wedding reception and see him dancing with another girl.  Rush... of.... feelings.... coulda been the booze, but whatevs it was, it was something good and I knew that he was it for me!  It took many meetings for us to become more acquainted, but I had NO doubt that he was the one.  When ya know ya know... ya know.
My brother and I decided to move into an apartment and when we were walking out, telling the owner of the duplex we are ready to move in.... I look at the driveway next door to a boy in a white truck pulling in... it was meant to be!  Fast forward 6 months to an engagement and then 9 months until a wedding, a dog, an apartment, a house, babies, vacations, broke leg.... and here we are year 11!  (not starting out too hot... slipping in a shower, breaking a leg, quick trip to the er, 7 weeks on Broke Leg Mountain... being lazy.... suuuuuuuper lazy), but I am pretty sure the rest of our year will be looking up!
Awe... see how cute he is!  I just really like him... like a lot.
He has been such a great care giver the past weeks and has been so wonderful with the kids.  He has gone above and beyond for our family and I am so very thankful for him!

No comments: