Thursday, July 8, 2010

Oh No, She Didn't!

Yesterday was our first appointment for our little sweetie-pie! I went alone to the doctor, and I will probably never do that again!!

So far, Dr. P says that all is good with me and the baby!

I got to hear the heart-beat (168)! Is that super fast? Does that mean it is a girl??

He said that I am measuring right at 11 weeks!! Woo-hoo!

He was not impressed with my weight gain! Since I found out I was pg, I have lost 7 pounds.
Food is so not my friend these days!! He suggested the BRAT diet (no, this does not mean bratwerst diet, bannanas,-rice-applesauce-toast). I gave it a whirl last night and lets just say I may never eat toast and applesauce again!! YIKES! Needless to say, I have 2 weeks before my next appointment, and he wants to see me pack on some pounds! Ideas, I am open to anything that has no smell and is not meat or smell like meat or look like meat!

Dr. P. was so excited about this baby and the fact that Aron and I did not need any of his assistance (with infertility things). He did say he thought if we kept going like this that we could have at least 8 or 9 more children by the time I am 40!! If Aron would have been there, he may have passed out in the floor!!

We have an ultrasound on August the 30th and get to find out the sex of the baby! Just cannot wait. Will little Lovey have a sister or a brother???

So, after sitting on the table with the stirrup thingys for too long in a light peach gown that was o- so revealing, I was then told that I had to go down to the lab for some bloodwork! BOO!

I ventured down the hallway, checked in, and then sat in the waiting area for about 25 minutes! It was okay since I started reading Harry Potter, and I was very into the book. It definately calmed my nerves until I heard a child screaming in the back (he was obviously not excited about the blood stuff). It made me terribly uncomfortable and wanting to leave, but no, they called my name next. I had to sit in the room next to the screamer. (did I mention blood makes me totally sqweeby feeling, just hate it)
So this nice lady asked me to sit down on the chair and put my arm up on the table. I inform her I do not have very good veins and I do not usually give lots a blood. She says, "well, I think we will be fine." HA, I think to myself.
So, stick number 1: nothing, she loses the vein (not sure where it went, but it left my right arm.
Next vein up: in the hand, nothing. She held the needle there forever and the well was dry.
Left arm: she asks another lady to come into the room. She is getting a little hot, turns the fan on herself and then expresses to the newcomer blood getter that I have tiny veins if she could please hold my arm still so she can get it out of the only good looking vein in my left arm. I am thinking, this is not going to be good. I begin sweating, it this because the number 1 blood taker is taking all of the fan wind or because these two ladies are standing way to close to my face. The number 1 lady said, if this does not work, we will just send you over to the hospital since we have to fill 4 vials! O-geez!!
So here it comes! Stick number 3: and Oh No! She didn't. That is the last thing that I remember! I passed out and woke up in the boobs of lady #1! Yes, I totally passed out!!
All by myself with the sticker ladies in a lab!! Worst time ever!!
Needless to say, I did not fill up their vials, and have to return on Monday.
I hope that it turns out much better!

Hope yal have a great day!

Love yal!

Caryn

6 comments:

Jenna said...

Don't worry to much about the weight thing! I'm still down about 3lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight and I'm almost 20 weeks! Just had an u/s and the baby is getting what it needs!

Anonymous said...

ask for bloodsucker david! that lady stuck me numerous times but david always gets it on the first try! i think thats his name anyways. miss you!

Lindsay said...

You poor thing. Nathan said he would have passed out too if two ladies had been all up in his face. What a bad deal.

Food wise: Can you stand tortillas? Maybe cheese quesadillas? I'm sure that's spelled wrong. Or if you can handle peanut butter on tortillas. You warm it up in the microwave for like 7 seconds.

Hope to see you again soon!!!

Vonda Axe said...

Missing you at playgroup. I wished you were feeling better. I totally did not think you passing out from the title. I thought Lovey did something cute. I am with Jessica, David does a good job on drawing blood. If this is the same guy.

How "Sweet" it is... said...

Chic-fil-a milkshakes can assist in adding pounds : )!

Anonymous said...

I had the same problem (weight loss) with both my pregnancies. My OB also strongly suggested the BRAT diet, which led to MORE vomiting, not less. For me, two things helped. First, indulge the cravings. With my son, the only thing I could hold down was spicy chicken sandwiches (with the hot wing sauce on it) and lemonade -- the exact opposite foods anyone would have suggested. With my daughter (second pregnancy), I replaced my prenatal vitamin with one Flintstones complete chewable, 50 mg B-6, and 400 mg Folic Acid. I still had weight loss, but not as severe and the vomiting never got so unbearable. Apparently the coating and inert ingredients used to make the prenatal vitamin pills commonly exacerbate morning sickness (and at the time of pregnancy you need it most). I hope this helps. Try not to worry (much easier said than done). My weight loss didn't end until I was out of the first trimester, and I didn't break even until about 32 weeks with either. I had two full-term pregnancies resulting healthy babies.