Thursday, February 10, 2011

Hello, my name is Caryn, and I have an addiction.

Okay, it is out there. I have an addiction.

Yesterday, at around 6 p.m., I baked. Yes, I have found the time to bake. I made a cake, not just any cake, but a fluffy, golden, butter, yellow cake with chocolate icing. I must say it was delicious. This was the cake just 3 short hours after it was baked and iced.

I did that. I ate half of a cake. I could have done more, but it was 9 o'clock and I had to go to bed! I did have a little bit of help from my husband.

Is this normal?

Honestly, I iced the thing while Aron was outside shoveling snow. I did not even put the whole can of icing on the cake, I ate a little less than 1/4 of it right outta the tiny Betty Crocker bucket! O, I am so ashamed. So ashamed that I had a piece of cake this morning for breakfast!

I have to get out of this house soon! How would I even get out in this though? My dogs that pull the sled are in the kennel, and my big rig with 4 wheel drive is in the shop. I have never seen winter weather like this, 20 inches of snow, in a day, it drives a girl to eat. A whole cake.

At least I am surrounded by some of my favorite people...


Look at this, Sophia is totally starving for some human interaction!

Love yal! Caryn

1 comment:

Shannon said...

hi, i just found your blog... and i am embarrassed to say that i do the same thing!!! i live in new england and with all the snow we have got this year has really contributed to the amount of baking i am doing. i made my husband bring cookies out to the plow driver so i wouldn't eat them all.