Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Easter Egg-stravaganza

For the last few years, we have invited our families to come and join us in some pre-Easter festivities.... I call this event, Egg-stravaganza!  We come together and have an egg-cellent time.  This year was egg-specially nice because much of our family was in town.  Aron grilled hamburgers for our very full home (there were 24 peeps in the house) and then we dyed eggs.
My favorite Honey bunny
My daddy and sister acting really egg-cited to be photographed.
My sil and my Nicole.

I have no idea what's going on with my husband in this picture, but I love my sil's face, it's duck face (every girl in fb does this face and I don't get it) meets ghetto fabulousness :-) 
My cousin, Michael his amazing wife Joani and their son Carter
I must say that our friend, Mercedees, had the best idea for the kids when dying eggs.... Instead of using a spoon or the out ta the box metal egg holder thingy-ma-bob, pull out ya whisk and let the kids use that as an egg holder while they drop their eggs in and out of the dye.  It was genius!!!  The kids loved it, because they were able to handle everything themselves.
Sophia showing her Moss (great-grandmother) how to dye eggs

It was an egg-ceptional time:-)   I cannot wait for next year!

1 comment:

Angie said...

How fun! What a special tradition
I totally get the Duck Face. My daughter walks around doing it all day long!