Friday, July 13, 2018

My happy place is on vacation...

We have arrived!!  That was the longest drive, and shocks beyond shocks.... the manfriend let me drive (ummmmmm, this nev-er happens).  Sadly, I had to drive through all of the small town stretch (this is about 3 hours of no bueno cruise control in a 40-60 mph speed trap and lotza police along the way), and then I drove the last 1.5 or so (in the pitch black dark).  FYI... this chick does not see very well at night, but I pushed through and got us to the Turquoise Place in Perdido Key!!!!
When I saw that building it was as if the heavens sang!
When we arrived, it was late (almost midnight) and all of our people were awake and waiting for us.  If only our people were this excited to see us everyday!
The kids were full of energy, my parents (I am sure) were thankful we got there so they could have a break from Larry and Moe, and my sister... well, I just could not stop huggin' on her!  It has been weeks since we last saw her, and I was just over the moon with excitement!!
The first day was spent swimming, lazy riverin, and swimming some more!  Then when we were bored with all of that we headed for the beach!

Look at how tan I am (try not to be so jealous)!














Y'all, the basketball card collecting is in full effect!




Even Uncle Richard is doing a happy dance because we are finally here at the beach!

Oh, what a fun way to start this week of fun and relaxation!!

No comments: