Tuesday, January 5, 2010

We've Made It, She is 6 Months Old

We have survived the first six months! Piece of cake, right?? Well, this is definitely not the easiest job I have ever done, but it sure is the most rewarding best time that I have had. Everyday the three of us learn something new about ourselves. It might be a lesson on patience, how to not sweat the small stuff, how to change a diaper with one hand while the other hand is making shadow puppets on the wall to keep Sophia's attention and keep her from wiggling. I do not think that I really understood how much my love would grow for my husband and how much I could love this sweet baby that God has given me. I am such a lucky girl.

Sophia, take it away!

Well, in 6 months I have done a lot. I weigh about 16 pounds. My mom and dad giggle a lot when they are giving me a bath because of all of my rolls (some of them are a little hard to get into). I am trying to cut back on the sweets!! (HA). I am a very big fan of food. It could be rice cereal, any fruit, and any non green vegetables.

Sometimes, I cannot even stay awake for my evening bottle. Yes, I have been known to pass out at the table!


I am wearing the size 2 diapers. My parents still have not had to go to the store to buy any, since they have so many great friends that loaded them up with diapers at a shower. They get to spend that money on other things (for me)!! I like to laugh (I have a new one that sounds like a machine gun, "huh huh huh huh huh"). I love to splash in the bath tub and I have decided that I like to be clean like my mom. I am learning how to grab a spit up towel and rub it all over my face (this makes my mother so happy). I love smiling, smiling may be my most favorite. Loud noises kind of startle me, but I keep it together. I like to watch my cousins (Aidan and Annalee), my Aunt Kitty Kat and her friends MagPie and Isabella, they are always doing funny stuff for my entertainment.

I like to try to get out of the house when I can. My mommy and daddy take me to church. I get to play in the nursery with the other bed babies. It is nice to get out and socialize with people who have the same interests as me (drooling, laughing really loud, sticking things in our mouths, ya know BABY STUFF). I have stayed the night with my Honey and Granddaddy three times. I have so much fun over there. I like to go to my mom's PEO meetings, the ladies there love to talk to me and hold me. Shopping is becoming one of my favorite past times, the Belk is quite a place! My mommy and daddy's friend, Kim came over with her son Cade, yeah, I am not so sure about boys. He threw a ball at my head, I wonder if that means that he likes me??? Here we are.

I am working on rolling over. I think that I am very close to mastering this skill. I can sit up all by myself, for about 10 seconds, then I totally go head first into the floor. So I know that I will soon have that skill! Chicks gotta have skills!

I am sleeping through the night. I decided it was no longer funny to keep waking up at all hours of the night. It was really draining my parents, and they totally looked a mess. So, I just decided to let them rest (they need it to keep up with me)!

My parents sing to me all of the time. My mommy is always making up silly songs and stories. I love to see my daddy's face every afternoon (this guy is really great and he is always so glad to see me). I have a dog who is always trying to get in my face and give kisses.

All in all, the first six months have been spectacular. I am really growing up. I really cannot complain. Although, I would love to have a friend to play with (maybe a brother or sister).


Look at me, only 2 days old, just a wee babe not knowing what this world will hold for me. Then there I am, 6 months old. This world better watch out!!

Well, well, I will stop Sophia right here. Hope that everyone has a great day, if you are snowed in like we are keep warm and be safe!
We love yal,







1 comment:

Vonda Axe said...

What a difference 6 months makes!!! Sophia is so cute!! Conserve your energy it is just about to get exciting. I had B in his walker while I was cooking dinner last night and he was trying to eat the trash bag. Yuck!!! So now I have things piled on the kitchen table so he does not get into them.