Saturday, January 30, 2010

I Lost 10 lbs and So Can You!!

I wanted to thank everyone who prayed for our sweet friends.  They were able to leave the hospital this evening.  The doctors came to the conclusion that their baby boy was very dehydrated and had lost a lot of weight.  Continue to keep them in your thoughts as they get home and settled.


Before the big ice storm here, I had a list of important things that I needed to get done:  stock up on baby food/ formula for Sophia, get her perscriptions filled (in case we would not be able to get out), make sure that Aron had warm socks/ and clean thermals to wear while he worked in the cold.  It was also that time of the month.... I had to go get my hair did!!!!  YAY!!

For the past few weeks, I have noticed that my hair has really been changing.  It is getting darker, a lot of it falls out (I think this is due to having a baby), and it is just so out of control.  It has also been catching Sophia's attention more, she sees it and just pulls on it!  She loves to see the funny faces I make when she gives it a good tug!  So at first I was thinking I am going to totally pull a "Felicity" (if you ever watched that show a few years ago, you will know what that means), then I thought maybe I would like to get a straightened, a few days later I saw a woman with beautiful dark brown hair?  Well, that is an option, and it is so out of my box.  Could I do that, change something so big like a hair color?  Would I still be the same person?  Would Sophia recognize me?  Would Aron miss the blonde girl he married?  So I thought long and hard about what to do....and I made my decision without telling anyone.

I got to the hair salon, Reflections (http://www.reflectionsnwa.com/), it is such a great place.  I have been going to Reflections since we moved here and I was in the 3rd grade.  Patti is the best!! 


This is me when I first arrived.  Sorry I did not do my hair that day, weird weather and I ran out of defrizzing products.  The hair looked super soft and like I tried to brush it.

Speaking of brushing, this is what happens when you brush natural curly hair.  It kind of takes over!

Then it gets bigger!!!!!!


So, about an hour or so later, I went on home.  When Sophia saw me, she was like, "What????"

Where is all of your fun hair??


About 3 inches off, and I feel so much lighter!!


Love yal!!

2 comments:

Vonda Axe said...

Looks good, Caryn. Hopefully Sophia, does not start really pulling your hair out. I feel like Brandon has snatched me bald.

Ginger said...

I love it! Too cute!