Friday, November 26, 2010

So Very Thankful!

I hope that everyone had a spectacular turkey day! We were very lucky to have some very sweet family friends to take us in and feed me, Aron, Lovey, the bros, and the sis yesterday! It was our first time to ever spend a Thanksgiving away from our parents! So sad, but thank you so much to the Brown family for opening their home to us! We were so appreciative and full when we left! I have never seen so much food! It seriously looked like a Luby's up in there! They had about 25 people over to eat, I have never seen anything like it! So thank you sweet Brown's (Shane and Stacy/ Mike and Karen) for having us, it was wonderful!!!

I wanted to give all of you an update on my precious PapPaw. His doctor has said that he is showing signs of improvement. His heart rate and blood pressure are stable and his kidneys are starting to work (get some of this fluid off of him). This is such a blessing. He had a cat scan yesterday, and we are waiting to hear the results. It could possibly show if Bug suffered from a stroke, we are waiting on this report. After talking to Momma and Daddy (they drove home yesterday afternoon, and arrived safely last night), they have both said that the majority of the time they spent with him he was resting (kind of in a dream state). Momma said that he would wake up and say that he was at home. She said, "daddy, what home are you at?" He replied, "on 9th street" (this is a home he and my MamMaw lived in in Louisiana). He said, "I was talking to Millie (my MamMaw). We were at home." So sweet. I know that he must miss her terribly. Then he would wake up and tell my Momma to go and get the car, lets go look for a house. Other times, he was not quite sure who he was talking to, it would take him a minute or so to figure it out. I hope to get some more information soon. I will definitely let all of you know. Please know, that I do appreciate all of the prayers for my guy. His body may be getting older and closer to "that time", but my heart is not ready for "that time" yet. It would be broken. I am sure that you all understand that.

So, after all of that, I just wanted to say how thankful I am this Thanksgiving, this season, this year, today, yesterday, everyday. The Lord has blessed me everyday.

I have Jesus in my heart. This is an ongoing relationship that I work on each day. Having a stronger love for Him, striving to live in the faith more and more everyday, and to be a BIGGER christian. I do hope that others feel His spirit in me, because I sure do. I want to share of all of the wonderful things that he does for me on a daily basis! God is SO GOOD!

I have an amazing husband. Aron is the best man that has ever come into my life. I waited so long for him. I honestly thought that I had been forgotten. Dating so many Mr. WRONGS, and never believing that MR. Aron Foresee was out there (FOR ME). I am so fortunate that he loves me! The happy me, sad me, pregnant me, sick me, crazy me, all of me. I am so thankful to have married such a wonderful man.

I am blessed with a sweet Sophia. She makes me the happiest I have ever felt. She is so special, and I am so thankful that God would bless us with her. Then to have her sweet brother Brayden coming in just a few weeks! I am so thankful.

I have an amazing family. A father and mother who are wonderful role models in all that they do. Great brothers and a sweet sister! Then, there are the grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, my SIL, my BIL, my nieces and nephews.

After all of that, I have the best friends. Ones that forgive me for not calling them over the past weeks or visiting for the past months. They are caring and loving friends, and will be there for me whenever I need them

I am thankful to have a wonderful church to attend.

I am thankful to be able to stay at home with my baby/ soon to be babies. I cherish this time, because I know one day they may not want to hang out with me so much.

I am thankful to have clothes on my back (they are tight right now), a home to live in, right now all of our bills are paid, food in my belly, my health and the health of others in my life.

I am thankful. I am thankful. I am thankful. I am thankful. I am thankful. I am thankful.

I hope that you have much in your life to be thankful for. I hope that you all have a happy day. Those of you who got out today for this "black Friday", I hope that you all survived! Have a great weekend! O-yeah! Cheer for the Razorbacks tomorrow as we play LSU! Woo Pigs!!

Caryn

2 comments:

gwen said...

Caryn I'm so proud of the woman you have grown to be, daughter, wife, mother, you are special to everyone you touch. Prayer for your grandfather and your family during this time. love you

Claire said...

Happy thanksgiving - I am keeping your grandfather in my prayers.

Cxx