Thursday, January 19, 2017

Oh, whatta week...

Sunday...  what a laid back day at la casa Foresee.
I'm gonna be honest, I spent the majority of the day doing laundry.  Yeah, that is right, I had sooo much laundry that I could fill an entire morning, afternoon, and evening a washing and a drying... then a folding!  Please do not judge me.  I started at 8:15 and ended by 8:30 (ridic, I know).  I was so proud as I put away those last pair of socks, then I went to look at the laundry room and could see the floor!  I.  Have. A. Floor!  My dog will not have to sleep on dirty pajamas and clothes from the week!!  I felt very good about my job well done!  It was bedtime and I was going to tuck in those littles and snuggle into bed and continue binge watching my new show, The Girlfriends' Guide To Divorce (which I am kinda obsessing about... like I have watched almost 2 full seasons in 4 days (and by days I mean nights, after all of my people are asleep).  Anyways, we are putting the kids to bed and sometimes we lay down with the people and chit chat until they fall asleep, but that night something in my being told me NO!  Kiss um and leave um (I know it is harsh, but I really wanted to get back to my show).  As I was leaving Red's room I could hear water, splashing water, running fast water, almost sounding like water running out of a bathtub.  I kinda panicked and ran to the laundry room (yes, ran... and if you read here at all we all know what happens when I run) and as I run through the living room the water is getting louder and then it is visible... flowing into the kitchen.  It quickly covered one tile, then the next, then I look at the dog (my poor dog, just sitting there shivering, because he is sitting in my laundry room turned kiddie pool).  I quickly started yelling, yelling for Aron, yelling at the dog (like he had something to do with it), yelling for Aron again (because he had not rushed to the scene within 2 seconds).  I see the hose that is connected to the back of the washer and then it runs to the wall, but whaaaaaaaa it is hanging out of the wall and emptying yuck water from the washer all in the floor, I ain't talking drops y'all.  I shoulda reached to turn off the water (because that is what a calm person would do) but me, naw!  I try to open the washer (which has a lock button you have to hold down for 3 seconds) it would not work so then I try to pull the knob up to stop the cycle (but hello, you have to hold a button down for 3 seconds to get it to stop)... needless to say, I broke the knob.  Did I tell ya the water is still running into the floor.  Sweet geez!
Man friend rushes in (he is a hot mess express because he had really been asleep in Bray's room... must be nice), so he comes in a hootin and a hollerin (he will not like that I say he hoots and hollers, but whatev... this is how I remember it), and he picks up a dish towel (a fa-reekin dish towel... did he possibly not see the kiddie pool??) and when he uses said dish towel to try to sop up the kiddie pool he comes up and bashes his head on a cabinet door (hehehehe) then he may have started talking loudly about why I am unable to close cabinet doors (geeez, like I had time to listen to this mess, I had a kiddie pool to clean).  FYI, still water a draining!!
Finally, Aron reaches to turn off the water.  I had no idea you could flip these little knobs on the wall (note to self).
The next hour was really a lot of eye rolling, rude comments, and crazy laughs (like the laughs that a crazy person may do... well, before they do something not good).  We called my dad to bring over some fans to help us get some things dried out.  The water had flooded the laundry room, went into the kitchen, under a wall into our living room and entry. By this time it was close to 10:30.  We were so worn out, so worn out that I watched my new show until 1 in the morning (all 8 fans were so loud, I felt like I was listening to airplane propellers all night).
Monday...
I obvi wake up feeling hung over (from lack of sleep), and just knew a warm shower would make the day better.  It did until I got out and had no towels, they were all used in the Foresee kiddie pool clean up 2017!  All I had to use was a roll of toilet paper (2 ply, we use the cheapo stuff) and a washrag (that may have been used to wipe off little mouths the night before after their teeth were brushed)!  I know, gross!  I dried my big ole girl body with that Colgate smelling washrag, and tried to use it to cover my lady bits as I ran out to get my clothes (FYI, washrags will NOT cover up my big ole girl body... so glad my children did not get up when I first turned on their bedroom lights, they would have been scarred for life).
I got them to school and cleaned up the mess, and went into work a bit late.  I walked out of the house feeling like... today WILL be a good day.  My house WILL NOT have water damage.  My house WILL NOT smell like mildew.  As I lifted my leg into the car (while I was holding a large BIG GULP type of drink) and dropped it into my front seat and down my leg.  (You have got to be fa-reaking kidding me!  #MustGoBackToBed #ButIHaveNoPersonalTime #OrVacationTime #AndNoCleanTowelsForCleanUp
Tuesday...
The house was finally put back together.  So happy we did not have any damage from the washer debacle.  The man friend made the most amazing grilled chicken (sooooo good), and the night was spent with all of us on the couch watching Hook then reading books in bed.
Wednesday....
We celebrated my sweet daddy!!  It was his 60th birthday!










He is the most fantastic man I know (besides my Aron).  Our night was spent being surrounded by family, feasting on gruell (sounds disgusting but really delish), and eating cake!  All in all, the night was a success, and made me forget about the flood of 2017-
Thursday...
Today has been a good day!  I got to be a lady who lunches with a girlfriend!  This never happens for me, and I so needed some girl time with my Suzie.  I did not take a picture because we spent the whole hour talking that I forgot to capture the moment (so I just had to capture it without the phone)!  It was such a good time!  There are not too many people I can have a conversation about salad dressings that make you poop, bubbies, and other mommy dramas (yes, all of that in an hour)!  I did not think that the day could get any more awesome, but it did!  New boss (we will call her Tina, remember I don't use real names here people, I have to protect their identity from the 10s of readers... (except for Suzie, nothing rhymes with Suzie except Boozie or Floozie, but then y'all might think I am hangin' out with a hook-a)), anyways, Tina bought our office Sonic drinks (yay for happy hour), I was then able to go visit my parents and brother, and I arrive home to a prepared dinner (I love you man friend).  After dinner and baths, the kids and I read some books, and Sophia and I finished our first chapter book (Junie B. Jones... My Big Fat Mouth)!  I would read a sentence and she would read about 15!  Sweet moments with my people!!
I am going to wrap it up here.  There is a piece of saved birthday cake for me on the counter (yes, I am aware it is past 11, but I have had a nutzo week)!
We will see how Friday goes, but I can already tell, it is gonna be a good day!  Happy Friday friends

No comments: