Sunday, January 1, 2017

Day One of the New Year

I am ready to start the new year with a bang!!  Last night, I wrote out my resolutions and I knew I would be gung ho ready to start them when I woke up!...
The 2017 List
1.  get me and my people to church- I ended up watching it online
2.  be kind (patience, patience, patience)... Fail!  I was unkind when no one would listen to me and tell me what they wanted for breakfast!
3.  be present with my people (give them my time)... I want to be more intentional with my time.  Put the phone down, look away from the television, be with my people!
4.  get organized (begin with cleaning up and out the Christmas)... welp, I was able to help someone with this today
5.  end that snack-ation that I have been on since November (my pants are tight and my body is missing water)... I woke up looking for a piece of chocolate, found it and threw it away in the trash!  Out with the snackies!!  (FYI, it is 10:30 and I am thinking about digging out my beloved Hershey's kisses... don't judge, I'm starving!)
6.  stop my complaining and remember to be thankful
Does your list for the new year look similar?
Just being honest, but I woke up at 8:30 (yea, the man friend wrangled the kids and let me rest), so when I woke, I was a bit rushed to get moving, start breakfast, ect.  So, here we are, already failing on my new years list, but I ended up watching our church service online.  Glad I caught the sermon, because it reminded me that 2016 is done (I cannot change it, it has been recorded in history), so it is time to start new. This is a brand new opportunity for me to make good decisions. Whatever is happening in this world, in my life, I need to be reassured that God has got me and He has got this.
I know over the past year, we have had much joy.  Time with family, graduations, kids starting at a new school, lost a job but was able to have that time to spend with my family, then I was able to find a new job, my family has their health, we have a home, we have food to eat, we have been taken care of.  I do not have really anything to complain about, but I still do sometimes.  So many happy things, I just need to remember to be thankful.
In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in my life.  1 Thessalonians 5:18
Oh, let me cling to this.
When times are tough, give thanks.
That was just a little snippet from the sermon, but it was a good thing to be reminded of (maybe you needed to be reminded too).
Today was a good day.  We went to my parents house today, and had our new years day lunch (pork chops (because they are good), black eyed peas (for luck), spinach (for money), and cornbread (because we love our carbs)!  It was a fun visit, and I was even able to help her take down some of her Christmas décor.  (hello, this was number 4 on my list, but I am happy I was able to help her... I am sure it was on her list)!
After our late lunch, Aron set up the Wii on our big tv, and all 4 of us were able to play Mario Kart... this is our new obsession!  We have become very competitive, and by we I mean me!  I am the worst driver (on this game, the kids are way better than me).  I come in last place every time!!  At least we were together
This is where a great portion of our day was spent.  We probably should have been outside in the fresh air, but nope, we were sitting in front of a video game!  Oh, well, tomorrow is another day!!
I am so thankful for my people, and I am excited to see what 2017 holds for us...




Happy New Years from me and mine!!






No comments: