Thursday, March 30, 2017

Poop on a string, a gift of love...

If you have a child or know a child, you might also have been lucky enough to receive a home made gift from a child.  I have received quite a few over the years.  I usually wear them proudly, show them off to other family, or display them all over the house!  I love when the littles are so proud of themselves for creating something so special for their people...
I mean, who would not love a sweet little something from these two??
Well, last week over spring break, the littles went to childcare for a few days.  They had so much fun with friends, and one of the days, they created a little piece of wonderful for their momma.  (I know, I am so lucky).  Let me introduce.....
Poop on a string (a gift of love)...
Yes, I have now typed that 2 times.
Well this morning, I came into the kitchen and noticed that one of the "gifts" was broken.  The clay that was used has gotten really dried out and kind of disintegrated (such a praise)!!  Then Red came into the kitchen and noticed that it was broken.  There were tears, and she was so sad it got broken before I could wear it.  My guy came in, and asked where his necklace was (ya see, I already put his in a special place, seeing as his not only looks like a piece of poo but kinda like a "wenis"... if you've been reading here long, my guy a few years ago used that terminology when telling me how boys and girls were different), and he said, "momma, can you wear mine today, before it gets messed up"?

I just stood there.... contemplating picking it up and then clumsily dropping the necklace.... (I know, that is horrible)!
Then, I agreed and proudly (not super proudly) wore #2 necklace on the way to take the kids to school, and as soon as I got home the necklace came off!  It has even left a brown dusty residue on my shirt!!
Geez, the things I do for these two!
!

No comments: