Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The B-I-B-L-E

Over the past few weeks, Sophia has been singing a new song, The B-I-B-L-E.  She sings it at home, at church, in the line at Wal-Mart, in the car, at her grandparents house, at the park.... just everywhere.  It is sweet, to me, how she sings it loud and proud and is so unashamed.  She wants people to know about this book that talks about God.
Maybe you have heard it?
The B-I-B-L-E, Yes!  That's the book for me!
I stand up tall on the word of God!
The B-I-B-L-E!
She may not get the letters right, but she knows the book she is singing about!
I love the innocence of a child, and I think that at one time, I used to be just like that little girl.  I would sing about God, talk about God, and really wanting to share of His love for me.  Somewhere along the road, it became uncool for me to talk about it, and it became a taboo subject that maybe people just did not talk about.  Religion is a private matter.  No more praying in school.  Do not be a pusher of your faith, because it will make others uncomfortable.  If you talk about your faith then you could come off as someone who is not politically correct.
I'm not sure if any of the 10 people that read this blog go to church, have a real relationship with Jesus Christ, or just think that the whole Bible is a whole lotta fiction, but I am a believer.  I attend a church and love that the place I go to worship because it is filled with people that share in my love for the Lord.  The relationship that I have with God is so real to me, it calms me when I am going through stressful times, it gives me peace when I am in times of loss, and it gives me hope that the life I am living on this earth is not my final resting place and that one day I will be able to spend an eternity with Him in heaven.  I am a follower of Christ and a lover of ALL people.  I do not go around judging others for things that they may be doing in their lives, because I know I daily make and have made plenty of nut job decisions in my day(s).  I feel that my purpose on this earth is to show God's love in my everyday life (to my husband, my children, my family, someone I see at Wal-Mart, or to someone I see at the local McDonald's, and my friends), and I also believe that I am not only to show this love but also tell of God's love, to witness.  I struggle with this.  I love God so much, but I also know that not everyone loves my God.  I never want to offend someone.  I never ever want to make someone feel uncomfortable.  Someone may have a different faith, or no faith.  Someone may feel that that God I serve is nothing but a person who allows bad things to happen.  Someone may feel like the Bible (which I believe is the inherent word of God) is terribly out dated and wrong, it is unloving, not kind, not happy, it is mean spirited.  What if someone challenges me on my faith and I simply cannot explain it?  I get it.  I hear it all of the time and I see the many mean and hurtful comments about God, religion, and it's so called followers.  Then, it makes me crazy when I see someone boasting about their love for the Lord, but putting so many down in the process.  It hurts my heart, and it makes me sad to know how it would make someone else feel.
Then I think about, if I do not share my faith, something that I believe whole hearted, with my friends, family, acquaintances, then I feel like I am keeping some great secret.
I mean, I could live this life (loving God and talking all about him and trying to live in accordance with what the Bible says I should do), until the end of my time here.....and 1 of 2 things will happen: 
1.  I go to heaven and I will spend all of eternity with God, and I will be happy.  I will feel that I lived a good life, loved others, and had no regrets.... or
2.  I die and there is no heaven, no God, but I lived a good honest life, loving God and others, treating others kindly, and I just stay in the ground.
I am a follower of Christ.
I believe that His son, Jesus, was born of a virgin, and was sent here for all of the world.  (Sounds so unbelievable, but it is not for me to explain)
I believe that God sent His son, Jesus, to die on a cross, for my sins.
I believe that one day (could be tomorrow, next year, or in 10 years) that Jesus will return to this Earth, and take His believers to spend the rest of eternity with Him in heaven.
It sounds so out of this world amazing, but I have no doubt in my heart about it.
Yesterday at church, our pastor, made the comments:
Am I in the will of God today?
Am I living where God wants me to live?
What is my greater purpose?
Am I really obedient to God and my faith?
Do I share my faith with others?
Ugh!  Totally convicted at church!  Does that happen to you?  You feel like the preacher is talking only to you?  Well, I felt it.  I sometimes want to talk to someone about my faith or share what amazing things God does, but I feel like I cannot do it!  Seriously, it makes me flustered, but I am totally letting go and letting God take control of my life and the words that I am talking, and I am going to stop being quiet about something that is such a wonderful thing to me!
Hopefully, you will still stop by and check in on our family on this little blog.  Hopefully, you will not de-friend/ un-friend me on Facebook or the Twitter, because believe it or not, I really do genuinely like all of you folks!
 
Matthew 5:11-12
Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.  Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
 
Matthew 4 :19
"Come, follow me", Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men".


No comments: