This is just gonna be one of those posts that, well, has no topic. In fact, I just have too many topics in my head so onto the blog they go!
1. With my mornings, days, and evenings being filled with my mommy, wifey, and any other duties that I am tackling for the day, I have been finding minutes here and there to READ! Yes, if I ain't sleeping, feeding, washing, cleaning, or loving on my people then I am curled up on the couch (which now has a big deep impression of my boo-tay) reading a book. Over the past few weeks I have read so many great stories, that I thought you may want to go out and grab one for yourself!
In case you are living under a rock and you have not picked up the latest issue of Teen Beat, Zac Efron is starring in this movie coming out this next week. This book, The Lucky One, by Nicholas Sparks. Yes, Sparks has written yet another tear jerker and I was on board and loving this book the whole time. I will not be the girl that tells you what happened in this book, but I will tell you that I read it in 2 nap times and 1 night before I went to bed! Could-NOT- PUT-It-Down! If you are wanting to read a story about people finding love in an unconventional way... check it out! (and yes, if we are twit or fb friends, you might be aware of my new found celeb crush on Zac. He is H to the O-T, Hot yal!
The next book I read is, The Secret Life of Bees. Honestly, I have had this book for at least 2 years in my closet, but never felt the pull to open it and read it. Well, I am glad I came across it, while looking for a flip flop, cause people.. it is good stuff. I love Miss Lily and found all of the bee facts (above the start of each chapter) interesting. Seriously, it is a great book!
Heaven is for Real (not that I had any doubt), but I found this book very exciting! I am already pretty pumped out about heaven, but to read about a 3 year old boys' account of the most wonderful place ever, the people he saw, and even the things they wore, left me with chills. So glad my sil handed this book over to me last year!
One of my BFF's (that is best friends forever, for those of you that are not up to date on childhood acronyms), Lindsay, called me a few weeks ago and was telling me about this book, My So Called Life as a Proverbs 31 Wife. Yal, I was so excited to read it just from hearing my friend Lindsay talk about it (she even hand delivered it to me right after our phone call). If you have not picked up your BIBLE lately, Proverbs 31 is the longest proverb ever, telling of the characteristics of what a God loving God fearing, wife, and mother, woman should be. The author tells funny stories about things she did in her own home (from showing kindness to her husband, being the wife with so many millions of things going on that she was still able to have a dinner on the table when her husband came on, to going back to work when her husband was unable to find stable employment. There is even a challenge that you can do in your own home. I did the challenge and could immediately feel a difference in the temperature of my own home! Read it. Love it. Live it yal! Love me some Sara Horn... thank you so much for writing this book!
So, there ya go. I have been on a reading kick!
RIF (another acronym) Reading is Fundamental!
2. Sorry, I did not think that # 1 thought would be so long, but it was. That comment was not part of #2. I am really excited about our dinner tonight. Chicken tacos (outta the crock pot)
Boneless skinless chicken in the crock pot- 4-6 pieces
empty a packet of taco seasoning over chicken
dump a jar o salsa over the chicken and seasoning
crock pot setting 4-6 hours on high
The chicken will be falling apart when you pull it out.
Put it on a tortilla or a taco shell. Add your favorite toppings (cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream, onions, jalapenos.... whatev!)
Your Sunday could be a lil bit better if you made Pollo (that means chicken) Crockpoto (that just means crock pot) Taco (this is just taco). Make it. Eat it.. Enjoy it.. Your family will Love it!!
3. My daddy is going to China tomorrow and then Vietnam later in the week. Praying for safe travels for him. Geez, I will miss him! (As I type this, I realize that this should be #1 request, but I am unsure how to place it above pollo crockpoto tacos and books). So imagine it is #1.
4. I am the playgroup coordinator for a group of women from my church. I just realized that I totally FAILED to organize playgroup for last week. Oops! Hopefully, those women and their children got together and played somewhere. Really, I could be the worst event email sender ever! I try. I promise!
5. I have fed my children chicken nuggets way to many times this week. Seriously, if they could talk and have deep conversations with me (which they do babble and stuff, but I don't get it... all of the time), I think that they would throw the nugget plate across the room and then demand a mommy that is more concerned about them having a more well balanced diet that would exclude the nugget of a chicken.
6. Did yal watch Grey's Anatomy last Thursday? Do yal watch Grey's Anatomy anymore? Well, I still watch and am so sicked out by Owen (the chief) who slept with some other woman... really cheated on Christina (the heart thoracic surgeon or is it thoracic heart surgeon). Anyways, really Owen, ya ain't that attractive and you are just making me crazy. Also, I am patiently waiting for McSteamy doc and lil Grey to get back together. So, if the Grey's writer... Shonda something or other could make that happen a wee bit quicker.. I would appreciate it.
7. As of late, I have started watching a MTV show, Awkward. I heart Jenna Hamilton and Matty. Does anyone watch this show. I know that I am way to old to be watching this show and too old to be watching MTV, but it makes me feel young again, and with two toddlers, saggy boobs, and a loss of my young girlish figure, the funny love stories of high school kids makes me laugh!
8. Today, I took both children with me to the Wal-Mart. Hold on... I need a moment. Apart from the crying because Brayden got his finger stuck in the front of the cart, some smashed strawberries underneath Sophia's feet, a cough attack in mid walk (which left me unable to cross my legs) and then caused me to pee my pants, and a 1/2 eaten bag of EL Fudge stripped cookies, I would say that the grocery shopping trip was a near success. Women (and men if you read this blog), sing praises to the women with multiple children in their shopping carts at the store, they probably would appreciate the extra encouragement. Do not stare at them and roll your eyes as if they could be cast an extra in a drive thru town circus. In all of that chaos, I ran into a woman that I had not seen in years, years yal, like when I was younger I just knew for positive that I was gonna marry her son (that obvi did not happen because I met my hunka hunka burnin' love), but I saw her and she just looked the same as I always remember her. She was probably thinking... glad my son didn't hop on that bus! Ha! (I normally hate looking a mess and running into people at the store, but today, I guess all of that went out the winder).
9. Does anyone home school anymore? Is this a thing of the past? I am trying to think of things that I could do with my lil red. We do letters, few numbers, talk about animals, colors, and shapes. Just curious.. does anyone know of a really great curriculum for pre-school/ toddlers? Anyone? Anyone?
10. My list of Things To Do is ever increasing and not a lot of crossing things off of the list. Are you like that? Well, my projects include: paint laundry room (Aron wants red, but I am not loving that idea), paint bathroom cabinets and the walls, make my backyard look like something P.Allen has had his gardening gloves all over, paint bedroom, when the funds allow it find a new comforter (our other one wreeks of 2006, and has a few stains that could be old baby spit up or spilled coca cola, and with its last wash has come undone on two corners.. it's a mess!), then paint my kitchen cabinets!! Did I mention there are 29 cabinet doors and 13 cabinet drawers that are in my kitchen! That's a lotta work, but I am a woman with big dreams of a kitchen with the most beautiful painted and distressed looking cabinets ya ever could see!
11. Lil Red has fallen asleep on my lap as I type out #11. She smells like soap and pepperidge farm cheddar goldfish. I really do love her!!