Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Insane in the Membrane

The other morning, my husband let me spend a few extra minutes sleeping in, and he got up with the kids.  I know, he is so wonderful.  Problem is, the baby monitors were still on and I could still hear all of the commotion going on in the rest of the house (so much for a few extra minutes of sleep)!  So, I turned on the television and found myself unable to turn the channel from the this muscly man yelling at all of these sweaty people.  What in the world is going on here?  A few minutes went by, these people were bustin' their bootays doing the craziest cardio I have ever seen.  It was so sad and yet fascinating (sounds crazy, I know).  I watched the whole info-mercial, went into the living room (Aron was on the floor with the kids), and I just let him know that I was going to order this ridic workout video, Insanity.  He just looked and nodded at me, and then laughed!  Ha!  I told him that this workout was "insane" and then I started showing him some of the workouts.... this caused some more laughter..
1.  I am not a workout aficionado
2.  My workout moves are more like sad dance moves
3.  The moves I was showing stirred up much excitement with Sophia, she thought it was some new game.
With all of that encouragement, I went and ordered the thing!
I know that working out is not my thing.  I do not like to be sweaty (this is obviously something that may happen while doing this video).  I do not like to be yelled at (and the instructor in the video yells a lot).  I do not like to vomit (and it seems like there were people yacking up their guts during the video).  I also have that whole bladder issue due to having babies (this is sure to bring something interesting into the mix).
One thing, that I loved seeing was all of the before and after pictures that people had sent into this company.  If you do the photos, and do the 60 day challenge you would get a t-shirt that says, Insanity.  Well, I will not be sending any photos of myself, (ya see, if the photos were ever leaked, I would have to kill off the person doing the leaking and then hide out forever in my house!) instead I am thinking of going to my local Wal-Mart and getting a solid tee and maybe puff paintin' the word Insanity on it!  I'll keep measurements or something to post how I am doing!
All in all, this will be a fun experience for the peeps living in this house.  My friends (CoCo Nic and The Aim-ster)... they have obviously been given fake names to keep their identities secret, will be joining me on this journey.
O, to be a fly on the wall of this house.  I am sure that it will be hilarious!






No comments: