Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Life of a Wood Worker... continued

Cabinet update:

Funny thing about those cabinets. Ya see, they are the first thing that I am thinking of working on when I get up in the morning, they are the thing that I want to tackle during naptime, and those big ole cabinets are the thing that I want to mess with when the house is o so quiet at night time. Well, funny thing about those cabinets is my timing! When I wake up in the morning, my childrens "mommy radar" clicks to on and then it wakes them up (no cabinet work for the a.m.), then the ever so peaceful naptime that comes at around 2-4 (well, I am trying to get to those cabinets, but the laundry is stacked up so high that I am unable to get to them:(!!) Therefore, no cabinet attention is given during the day. The dark hours, when all who dwell in these walls during the day decide to rest (I have been sleeping too, way too tired to paint).

So, here is the update for the cabinets.....


The doors....

they still sit in my garage work area.

Womp..... Womp......

So, although I am wanting to work on my cabinets, they are the last thing to get my attention! Also, it is "that time of the month" You all should know what "time of the month" I am talking bout! The "time of the month" when all of the bills are paid!( Yes, we have the majority of our bills that are taken out, always in the same week (within a few days of one another). Therefore, my DIM project must wait until the next paycheck! GEEZ! Oh.... how I long for the day when we win the lotto!


I wonder if Beyonce has a "time of the month"?

2 comments:

Cory said...

I have been waiting to see how they look. LOL! :) BUT... I UNDERSTAND!!! :) Looking forward to seeing how they turn out. :)

Angie said...

Oh how I totally understand your dilema. I deal with the same issues everytime I start a project. It's just hard for us momma's to find time to do it all. I TOTALLY understand your time of the month too. We all have those I think. Well, maybe not Beyonce. Can't wait to see your finished project :)