Wednesday, September 5, 2012

One Fierce Battle.....

The day had been so lovely.  I took Tinkerella to her ballet class, the Bear and I were able to sit peacefully and watch her dance and twirl all hour, I made us a yummy lunch of Totinos Pizza and fruit with cheese blocks, and we have really enjoyed sitting and reading books and I was able to watch the last nights episode of The Duggars.  All in all, the afternoon has been pretty good.  We have had only a few time outs, one fall off of the slide, and one lost crayon was recovered (after it had been used on the wall).... a great day.
Then nap time.
Oh, Baby Bear.... it is nap time....
I swoop him up and carry him off.  He handles this well, usually just waving nigh nigh and easily falls asleep.
1 down and 1 to go.
Oh, Red.... it is nap time.  Let's find our paci and blanket.
(This is usually when we just head for the couch)
I lay her down at 2:30
She asks me to lay with her and I do.
She even grabs my hand.... precious...
After 14 minutes of tossing turning, constant Mommy, I have to pee pees, and feet kicking, I say, that's it..... shut your eyes.
This is when it starts to get heated....
She stops moving.... I like to think that she knows when I mean business.......
4 minutes goes by...
I am even laying there with my eyes shut, then......
Yeah.  I am comparing myself to this lion looking at their cub... probably thinking, you have got to be kidding me... do you want this to get ugly???
I lay her back down....
Squiggle... squirmmy..... flip... flop.. giggle
It has now been a total of 23 minutes that we have been playing this....
After 30 minutes....
This was me....
Ya see the cub... it is not even phased (much like my Red).
So.. after this moment (which no pictures were taken since National Geographic is unable to take pictures of this "mommy beast") she finally surrenders to the dreaded nap....
Look at her little cherub like face.
Precious cheeks, tiny sweet hands, her cute patootie ears..
All is calm in our house.
The Great Red sleeps and the "Mommy Beast" feels defeated and like her "mommy card" should be taken away:(
Now, this is a time when most people would turn to that ol' gal Betty Ford for hitting the bottle, but not I, I prefer her sweet sweet sister... Betty Crocker  
Yes.  It is cake icing in the jar.
Don't judge.
 
Well played Red... well played.




No comments: