Wednesday, September 26, 2012

My Painted Treasures!!

Many many years ago (like when Aron and I got married), we moved into our first apartment.  It was a sweet little 2 story place, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (we had our own), with a wooded back yard (that almost made you feel like you were living in the forest, alone, in the forest, but ya weren't, because you had some loud young guy neighbors with a motorcycle and they loved to reve up the motorcycles engine every morning... in fact, now that I think about it.... that place was not nestled in the sweet forest, more like the ghetto side of the street!)  Whatev, it was our first home, together.  I loved that place!  When we moved in, the day we got home from our honeymoon, we had NOTHING!  We went and bought a couch and a oversize chair, had a coffee table that a friend gave to us, and then my sweet MamMaw gave us her kitchen table and 4 chairs.  I love that table, and I will probably never be able to part with it, because she gave it to us!  After years of looking at this table and chairs, I came to the realization that this table needed an up-do and I called the only gal I know that could handle such a case!
Billie at The Green Label in Bentonville!
(A little side note, I have known Billie since we were in junior high!  I love, love, love her!  We were Cub Kickers together (no, we did not go around kicking sweet baby cubs, we were on the junior high drill team, our mascot being the Cubs, therefore we were the Cub Kickers... ya dig?), and she always had some of the best high kicks I've ever seen!)
Anywho, the girl is super genius, and super talented, and super quick!  I mean she re-vamped this table very quickly and it is absolutely beautiful!  I adore it so much!  In fact, I am still a little uncomfortable with my babies and even my husband eating at it, I just know that they could mess it up.... if given the opportunity, or a crayon, or the right food!  Here it is, I just had to share, my new painted treasure!!
Ugh!  My table.  The top a light light blonde butcher block wood top and the bottom of the table was a greeny black, no seriously, it was green and then spray painted black in some spots, or maybe it was black and then spray painted green??  Not sure at all, but a treasure none the less!
I totally forgot to take a before picture of the chairs!  Grr!  So, I have gone back through some old photos and found partial pictures of the chairs!
Here the chairs look green, and notice that the 1st table picture looked black on the bottom??  Weirdo-rama right??
 Alright... ta da!!!!!
I know right!  Holy moly. it is beaut-terrific!
Table top re-stained (darker) and the bottom is black with a red top coat.
Sigh.....
Love!
Thank you Billie!
Now to get ready for the big wooden eyesore piece of furniture behind the table (it can be seen in pictures 2, 3, and 4)!
 
 





No comments: