Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My ahh- ha moment

First of all, everyone please say a prayer for all of the people in Joplin, Missouri. With this horrific tornado they have lost loved ones, their homes, their things, it is just so unbelievable. My heart breaks for them and the struggles they will have to overcome in the following days. Keep them in your thoughts and prayers.


It is Tuesday, and each Tuesday I attend a women's Bible study at our church. We are calling this time of fellowship together, Testimony Tuesday, Your Story For His Glory. Each week a woman in our church will stand before us and give her testimony. This is such a powerful and amazing time to hear stories of women who with their faith and their love of God have overcome such obstacles that I could never imagine. Each week has been such a blessing to hear these speakers, and I always walk away from the group feeling so much stronger and so on fire for the Lord (He is SO GOOD, and I know this by all of the things he has done for me and my family, and my friends)!



Today, an amazing woman gave her story for Gods glory and she read the below poem. Much of what she said today will stay with me, but this poem was such an ahh-ha moment.



Please Read (the poem is in black and I totally had to write my own notes in blue, most of all read the poem that Roy Lessin wrote, it will bless you)!!!



Continue On


By: Roy Lessin


A woman once fretted over the usefulness of her life.




(I am constantly worried about me staying home and not bringing in an income and when I am able to go back to work will I have the knowledge and know how to do a job that I once did. I hate that my husband is constantly working overtime for me to be able to be at home and raise our babies. When we Finally got pregnant with Sophia, we knew this was the RIGHT choice for our family. We wanted to be the ones to raise our children. We may not be able to go out and have fancy dinners or go on weekend getaways, but I know that this time is precious and very necessary for me to be here with them)




She feared she was wasting her potential being a devoted wife and mother.



(What is my purpose? Do I do enough? Am I supposed to be doing something else?)



She wondered if the time and energy she invested in her husband and children would make a difference.


(Am I doing a good job at the wife and mommy thing? I look at other women and they seem to have it so together. Clean house. Dinner on the stove at night time. Time for cultivating their friendships. It seems everyone else can fit everything in. Am I doing enough for my family, are they happy?)


At times she got discouraged because so much of what she did seemed to go unnoticed and unappreciated.

(I do laundry, the dishes, sometimes the cleaning, I am the snot wiper, drink fetcher, paci finder, and desitin applier, I do not get a lot of thank yous when I change a diaper or feed a baby at the midnight hours, I usually wear clothes that were worn the day before or have spit up or baby food on the sleeve.)

"Is it worth it" She often wondered.





(Yes!!)

"Is there something better that I could be doing with my time?"



(No!)





It was during one of these moments of questioning that she heard the still small voice of her heavenly Father speak to her heart.


"You are a wife and mother because that is what I have called you to be.



(ahh ha moment. God has appointed me to this great position.)




"Much of what you do is hidden from the public eye. " But I notice.




"Most of what you give is done without remuneration. "But I am your reward."



Your husband cannot be the man I have called him to be without your support.






Your influence upon him is greater than you think and more powerful than you will ever know.



I bless him through your service and honor him through your love.




Your children are precious to me..




Even more precious than they are to you.




I have entrusted them to your care to raise for me.





What you invest in them is an offering to me.





You may never be in the public spotlight,




But your obedience shines as a bright light before me.



Continue on.



Remember you are MY Servant.



Do all to please me.




Ahh ha moment.



Caryn

















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have NO idea how much I needed this. Thank you.

Laurie said...

Great post! Tuesdays ARE awesome!

Kerry said...

I loved this post! You are such a wonderful Mommy to those two precious babies!!