Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Back in the day...

when I did not have children, I had a lot of free time.  I would fill my days with my man-friend, go shopping, meet up with friends, go out, stay up late (who am I kidding, I still do that), and I would read!  Books!  I was a BIG reader.  Over the years, I have fallen in and out of reading, because I just have not had anytime to sit silently and focus.  Now a days, I read things like spelling words or a grocery lists.  I miss it!  When my cousin was visiting this past week, she made the comment that she will just sit and read, for hours.  Hours y'all!  It hit me like... hummm, I used to do that and enjoyed it very much.  Welp, I think it is time that I pick it back up again.  I have been looking over my...
I''m Gonna Read That List
Yes, I have a list of books that I would like to read.  I love a list friends, it just makes me feel good to mark something off, thus the book list!  I thought I would share the list with you, and possibly, if you find that you have a moment to read one of the books, we could get together and chat about the book.  Kinda like a book club, but maybe not so much a club where you have like dues and stuff... just a couple of people who are reading the same thing.  Just a thought.  Okay, enough of the friend outreach program (haha), back to my list.
Just a warning... I like to read for fun, so my books to you may seem like a poor literary choice, and that is okay.  I like funny books, who done it books, and bios.  These books may not be on the top 100 list, and that is a o.k. with this chick!
#1.  Girl on the Train.  Dying to see this movie, but I want to read the book first.  I need to get busy on this one.  I tried to check it out about 6 months ago, and there was a wait list... for months!!
 2.  Spelling It Like Is Is... I love Tori Spelling.  I loved her on 90210, watching her on her last reality show, heck I even watched her cooking/ entertaining shows.  I have had this book for a few years, but it is getting ready to be read!  So exicted!!  (told you, literary masterpieces... I think not).
3.   Interesting that this is on my list, seeing as how the author Carrie Fisher passed away just today.  So, so sad.  I really enjoyed her, and cannot wait to dive into the Princess Diarist.
 4.  I love Emily Giffin!  As soon as her books come out, I am always quick to read it.  I've been wanting to read it for sometime... well, the time is a coming!
5.  Love me some JK Rowling and I cannot wait to read it.  Also, a movie I would like to see, but this will have to come first!
6.  Y'all, Amy Schumer is too funny, like inappropriate funny.  She talks about things that just make people so uncomfortable, and I love that!  I wish I could go to one of her shows, but for now the book will just have to do.  Anyone else like Amy Schumer?  Anyone?
7.  Now, a few years ago I started this book.  I had a very busy job and a family that demands my time, so the book was never finished.  I cannot wait to see how this ends!  I found this book on Amazon, and it seems like the perfect book to read as we are entering the Mardi Gras season!  #Enjoy #YoureWelcome

 8.  I could read a book about the royals anytime.  I think since I am in the middle of the Netflix series, The Crown, this seems like it should be moved to the number 1 or 2 slot!
9. The Antelope in the Living Room.  This has been on my list for a while, just haven't had the time to look into it. 

 So, 10s of people reading... are you a reader?  If you have children, when do you find the time to do it?  What are you reading?  Anything that I should add to my list?  I wonder how long it would take me to get through these?  I will give ya an update if I ever finish one!!
#RIF #ReadingIsFundemental #MommyIsTryingToGetAHobby

No comments: