Monday, December 26, 2016

The day after Christmas...

Just a few things happening here today...  that is right.  Today, I will attempt to clean the house.  I know, I know, it is the day after Christmas.  I should relax, sit back and enjoy the fam, play with our Christmas gifts, take a nap... I want to do all of those things, but our house is looking a bit rough.  Seriously, I would take a picture and insert it below, but I am afraid the 10s of you reading would judge me and question my domestic diva status!
Right now, our living floor has become a dumping grounds of teeny tiny Lego pieces and a Palace Pet hangout.  The kids bedrooms have overflowed and taken over the house, and it is time that I take back my house, at least the living room!!  I might even take down one of the trees (but I do not want to go cleaning crazy, maybe I will save that for next week).
One thing I am really excited about is mopping the floor!  For Christmas I asked for a Swiffer Wet Jet, and Santa delivered.  Yes, I asked for a mop for Christmas (be jealous)!

In other news, I was so sad to see that George Michael passed away yesterday.  I have only listened to him sing Last Christmas everyday this month, I just love that song!  It is one of my favorites.  Now that I think about it, he sings a lot of my favorites...
1.  Jitterbug (loved dancing to this song as a little girl okay, adult girl)
2.  Father Figure (really loved the beat of this song)
3. Kissing a Fool (listening to this as I type)
4.  I Knew You Were Waiting for Me
5.  Wake Me Up Before You Go Go (classic)
He was so cute (back in the day).
Geez, in other news, Carrie Fisher, aka Princess Leia suffered a massive heart attack (on an airplane) and is in ICU!  I was shocked, not the Princess!  I feel like I have grown up secretly wanting to wear my hair in side buns and hang out with Han Solo (he is so dreamy... if you are into that whole Harrison Ford thing, which I am).  Anyways, back to Carrie, I hope she pulls through!
 Speaking about Star Wars, Brayden turns 6 next week, and our big plan to celebrate is to go and see Rogue One!  We are so excited to go and see it, and celebrate our guy!!

Where is the time going?  Wasn't he just born?







No comments: