Thursday, July 12, 2018

Finally, the 76 days have come and gone....

For months and months, I have been on a countdown for vacation!!  Yes, the kids and I would actually discuss how we had 76 days left until we go on vacay!  The time has come and we are having the most fun with our family.
Yes, y'all, family.  I have many friends that travel with friends, or just their core group of family members, but we travel with parents, brothers, sisters, and who ever else would like to join!  We are BIG on togetherness and vacation is just a fun time for us to be with our people.
This vacation did start a lil different.  My parents took the kids early (like three days early)!


 This is me trying to hold back the tears... I was letting someone (okay, not just some random... parents, but it was without me) take my babies!!
 By this picture they were like.... mom, you can go now!!
Yes, the manfriend and I had a vacation before the real vacation. We have not been without our little people.... ever.  So, at first we were sad, then dinner time came and we did not have to feed anyone, and then bedtime came and we discovered we did not have to go to bed.... we could watch a movie, and then the middle of the night came and no one walked through the bedroom to pee in our bathroom and then stop at my bedside on the way back to ask if they could sleep with me!
It... Was... AMAZING!!
I think it was just the lil break we needed to sit, talk, hang out... just connect!
We ate out for all but one meal, had afternoon drinks, and even went to the movies (in the daytime)!  I miss those three days....
I am not sure that during this time, the kids were missing us much.  Their days and nights were filled with fun with their Honey and G.  Swimming, eating, reading, picture drawing, more swimming, lazy rivering, and then there was beach fun!  Did I also mention they got to go and pick up their Kitty (my lil sister, who is spending the summer in Destin)!!
















We left by noon on Friday and drove through thunderstorms and the night to get to our people!!

Oh, what a reunion!
Bring on the Turquoise Place!!

No comments: