Saturday, July 14, 2018

How we do...

I am just keepin' it reals, when we go on family vacation, it is the most laid back time ever!
Our crew stays in the same condo together, we breakfast together, beach together, swim some more together, snack some together, and dine in our pajamas... you guessed it, together!


We rarely leave the comforts of our vacay home (only to run over to the Wal-Marts), we wear our best (swimsuit) all.....day.... long, and once dinner is done we clean up the mess and go to bed (only to rest up for the next long day in the sun). 
It.  Is.. Heaven!!
When gearing up for this family week, I can guarantee all of the above will happen.

I can also guarantee that I will do the following things (as I am a creature of habits):

1.  I will over-pack my children's suitcase.  I will pack so many clothes/ outfits, and they will only wear their swimsuits and their underwares!  Why do I do this when I know they will not wear any of these things??  It would save our backs from lifting the suitcase of 12 outfits for each child, if I would just pack more appropriately!  #ThereIsAlwaysNextYear




2.  I will overpack myself!  I will even pack dresses.  Wha????  Am I going to church??  Why do I this!  The only thing I wear is my pajamas, undies, and swimsuit!  I even wash the stuff I wear that day, so honestly, I could re-wear all of it the next day!  I could possibly just throw my stuff in a Wal-Mart sack and be good!!

3.  The day we leave for vacation, it could be a quick vacay to the next town over, and I will start my period!  I... DIE!  Every.  Single.  Time!  #SharkBait  I could not have a cycle for months, but send me to the beach and I am sure to start!  #TisMyLife  With the murder scene down unda… I will be completely paranoid in a swimsuit.  I am just waitin' for the moment where I am sitting in the sand with my babies building a sand castle, and I leave a mess on the white sand.  Or that I will be out frolickin' in the waves and I am attacked my a hammerhead shark! #YesIHaveTheseThoughts

4.  I will wear my family out with pictures!  Here are all of my people, they want to sleep on the beach, or make a sandwich, or sit in their pajamas.... and I feel it is the best time for a photoshoot!  I cannot help it, I love to not only be in the moment, but document it!  I love to look back over our time!!







5.  That sun zaps all of my energy!  Those first few days:  the long drive, long days outside playing, and visiting will wear a girl out!  So, the first few nights, I am out like a light... possibly right after dinner while people are still cleaning the kitchen!  It is so sad, I do not even make a bed for the kids to sleep or tell them good-night!

6.  The last thing, and I am sure some will judge... I will eat cookies for breakfast most of the days we are there.  The other days it is sugar toast!  #ObviNotWatchinMyWeight #OrMySugarIntake

Y'all, this is just how we do vacay!