Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas Day

All of the preparing for months, and it is all over!  I feel like the holiday just came so quickly!  Does anyone else feel like that?  Now I have to take down the trees, the mantle, put up my Santa's... it will for sure be a busy weekend.  I guess it will be good to get the house back in some sort of order and the kids will have more room to run around.
Anyways, Christmas day was so much fun.  Santa and I stayed up late Christmas Eve wrapping presents (we agreed that next year we will be more prepared and do all of that stuff earlier in the week or month), staying up late is for the birds, we need our rest!  I think that we were in bed by midnight, and by 1 a teeny tiny had come in to the bedroom (they tee-teed in the bed).  I was up looking for pajamas (I was trying to find a Christmasy looking set for pictures in the morning... yes, I am a total nut job even at 1), I eventually gave up and settled on a pair of too small pj pants and a t-shirt (what can I say, I was tired).  So, I changed sheets and then made a pallet next to our bed for the little to sleep.  The living room was pitch black (good thing I turned out all of the lamps) because, little bitty was peeking in the living room to see if Santa had come, I told them not yet!  It somehow worked, because they were asleep within minutes.  PTL.
The kids woke up by 6:30 (I think, it is still a blur).  We all walked into the living room together and their excitement was so much fun.  Their sweet faces, seeing their presents, the opened fireplace door, eaten cookies, and missing carrots... these kids were crazy!!
Some of their funny comments...
"Oh, my gosh, Santa did soooo good"!
"Santa got me underwares!"
The BIG things that the kids received this year:
Brayden:  anything and everything Minion
Sophia:  she asked for Bunchems (I cannot even tell y'all what parents are calling these tiny balls of fun), roller skates, Fur Real puppy dog, a Fur Real Parakeet, cowgirl boots, and a robo-cat.
Santa brought me a new phone, perfume, and, and electric blanket (in heaven)!!  Mrs. Claus gave Santa new shirts, a new fancy electric razor, and a gift card to our beloved Razorback store!!















After a morning of present opening, we went over to Honey and G-Dads for brunch and more presents.  Everyone came in their pajamas (I think we missed that memo), but it has been noted and we will definitely come dressed in pjs next year, I need to find something fun, festive, and matching for next year... get excited family, this maybe your Christmas present for next year!!  I can see us now, all posing for pictures dressed like elves (cannot wait to show off those pictures next year... get ready y'all)!



















The day was so much fun, and by 2 we were all worn out and needed a nap (I did not get one, but I am sure others were able to rest... they will remain nameless).

No comments: