Sunday, December 27, 2015

Santa Claus is coming to town...

Y'all, Christmas Eve was so much fun!  I love this time of year, but having the littles just makes everything so much more fun.  Over the past few weeks, they wake and immediately ask if they can open a present, or they go on the hunt for their elf, Chippee (yes, we are the elf on the shelf family).  Thursday morning was filled with excitement.  Our plans for the day were pretty low key.  We had to bake cookies for Santa, I needed to prepare my part of the Christmas Eve dinner, and Santa and I really needed to get busy wrapping ALL of the kids presents!  The tasks were many, and the time was ticking away.  Momma had offered for the kids to come to her house for a few hours so I could get some things done (thank you momma)!  e got the kids dressed and delivered them to their grandparents and Aunt Kitty...




 and remember how much I had to do... well, I came home and ate chicken noodle soup (that was not on the list of things to do) and then I ironed my hair (also not on the list).  I wrapped NOTHING (this was left for the elves to do late night)!
Around 330, I went to pick up the kids and my Moss.  We all went to her Christmas Eve service.  Aron met us there, and my brothers and sister came too.  My grandmother led us into the church, and we all followed (it looked like a mother goose with all of her goslings trailing behind)!  The service was nice, and it was a wonderful reminder of what Christmas is REALLY all about, the birth of our Savior, Jesus.
After church we all went to G-Dad and Honeys... the house was decorated sooo beautifully, the food was over the top, and we were surrounded by the ones we love the most.  I cannot think of a happier evening.  At the end of the night, I was kind of sad getting into the car, as it meant the "most wonderful time of the year" would be coming to an end soon.











































































 









No comments: