Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Good deed gone not so good...

Last week, I made the most wonderful chicken noodle soup. It was so good that I probably could have taken a straw and sucked the soup part right out of the pot!! Needless to say, I did not because I am a lady- but I totally would have (had no one been around).

Anyway, I volunteered to take dinner to two of my friends (Amie and Julie) that have recently had babies. I have been slaving all morning, and the soup does not taste right. I am not sure what I am going to do. I have 2 very nice things of bread and some cookies that I will be taking with the soup to each home, but this main dish is weird tasting... I would still eat it, but I would have to add tons of salt and seasoning to it. Maybe it tastes alright and I am being my toughest critic. Have you ever run into this situation?

Now, I am just sitting here thinking about their evenings.... what if I get it there, they pour a heaping spoonful into their bowl, expecting to tastes Gods gift to chicken noodle soup, and they totally YACK! Then, they tell others, "o-no you don't want Betty Crocker (aka Caryn "Croaker")" to cook you up something that is not so finger licking good but rather stick your finger down your throat to get it out!! So dramatic!

My heart was so in the right place!

O yea, I started what is so going to be a wonderful bible study yesterday, it is called Lord, Change My Attitude. I left the study yesterday feeling very convicted. I never even thought that God does not appreciate of all of the complaining that we do day in and day out. He gives us so much to be thankful for and in response we ask for more, or complain about what he has already given to us. Then I started thinking about the complaing that comes out of my mouth and my attitude, and how that does affect others and can bring them down. Think about it... have you given God the glory today, and said thank you for the blessings that he has given to you? I spent the whole rest of my day yesterday thanking him and all of today! We are really so lucky. (Just a little chicken noodle soup for the soul for today.)

Have a wonderful day!!

No comments: