Thursday, March 22, 2012

Peace Out Ear Infections!

Yesterday, B-Man had a teensy surgery to have tubes placed in his ears! That's right, hopefully this will help to end his constant battle with the dreaded ear infections! Since this past October, the poor guy has had 8 (yes, 8 I say), and that is waaaay too many to have and waaay to many antibiotics to be taking. We are praying that this will be a great fix for him!
And since I am somewhat of a paparazzi type a mutha- I had to take photos to document his morning. I also must brag on him, because I am his momma and I can, but he did not cry once. Not when we got to the hospital, got in there to wait for the procedure, when they wheeled him away from his slightly overly emotional parents, or when he woke up from anesthesia. The doctors and nurses even commented how they don't see children act so well.
Aron and I were so proud of him.
I can see that Brayden will be the strong silent type (as are most of the men in my life!))
Here is his first pic of the morning... he was already looking at me, probably thinking... "really mom, a photo of me in this peach colored teddy bear dancing covered girl gown!"
Here is my strong boy sitting on the hospital bed, being wheeled to surgery.Me and my baby, pre surgery
Daddy and Bray
Wonder what he is thinking...
The surgery lasted all of about 10 minutes, and you would never know that he has had anything done to him. He is running around, babbling, and even pushing around his big sister!
Yay for tubes!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

So thankful that all went well! Love Mr. Brayden!!

Angie said...

Very happy to hear things went well. As a parent, I know how scary it is even if it is just a minor surgery. Prayers that this will cure his ears :)

Cory said...

My boy has had them too, in fact he's got an appointment comen up to see if we need another set. :) Glad all went well for him! I love how kids just bounce right back. Still laughing about your walking partner. ;) I read all the time. just don't comment enough. :)

Caryn C. Foresee said...

Oh Cory! LOve ya girl- and you shoulbbe updating your blog you last updated in like October!!! Hello- update!

Caryn C. Foresee said...

Oh Cory! LOve ya girl- and you shoulbbe updating your blog you last updated in like October!!! Hello- update!